Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The poll is over!! And with only two votes (LOL, me and Rae), it was a tie between Enkyori Poster and Choose Me! I really like all of the songs on AKB's latest single; sometimes I think one is my favorite and the next minute I'm not sure.

Next, shall we vote on captains? It just gives me another AKB-related thing to look into. I know who Takamina is, I first heard Sayaka in subgrop Chocolove from AKB48 last entry, and I covered Yukirin back when I went through Rae's favorites. Right now, I'm not sure who is my favorite. I know I like Takamina, but I need to try and find more solos lines of Sayaka and Yukirin's to listen to.

I feel the need to write about Miichan. As I was typing the previous paragraph, I was going through some videos that I'd already watched, so that I could refresh myself on how the Captains sound. One of the vids was Tane by No Sleeves, and I just can't get over how kawaii Miichan is! I really like her voice too~

So some fun facts about Mii-chan; her favorite flower is Lavender, and she has the habit of clicking her fingers. She's allgeric to cats, collects hats, and had the nickname Gojira (Godzilla) in primary school. LOL. And Aitakatta! says that Miichan is "Known for being the best dancer of AKB, and also, the most mischievous loli in Team A."



Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru. I really like the opening music to this song! The first singer is Takamina, that I got easily. And the second is. . .Acchan (Maeda Atsuko) ? I really really like the girl at 1:32, but I can't figure out who it is. The chorus is kind of catchy, and overall I like the song. Not a super favorite though.

Wow, the lyrics are kind of naughty sometimes. That is one difference between H!P and AKB that I've noticed. H!P lyrics are more teen-love related, and AKB's lyrics are sort of about teen-love, but more flirty, naughty, and on a higher maturity level. I mean, the girls are singing about wanting their uniforms off, how it's just an annoyance that's in the way.

Fourteen members from Teams A and K were selected to participate in this A-side. Team A: Itano Tomomi, Kojima Haruna, Maeda Atsuko, Minegishi Minami, Nakanishi Rina, Oshima Mai, Shinoda Mariko, Takahashi Minami. Team K: Akimoto Sayaka, Kasai Tomomi, Masuda Yuka, Miyazawa Sae, Ono Erena, Oshima Yuko.



Just the title of this song; Virgin Love. No wonder these girls have such fun performing, they get to sing about things like virginity and wanting their uniforms off. They don't cross any lines, and I don't think they are slutty, but it's interesting to see such a big female idol group singing about this kind of stuff.

This song is, dare I say. . .fun. Lol, I just mean it's so upbeat to dance to and the melody is very catchy. All the girls sound awesome, especially on the chorus. "Hayaku dare ka ubatte, Hayaku dare ka ubatte, Hayaku dare ka, Kite kite kite, Virgin love" I really like how that part sounds. This whole single, A & B sides, don't exactly wow me, but they aren't awful either. And you never know, a song can always grow on you~

Annnd for the subgroup this time around;

Honegumi from AKB48; Ono Erena (Team K), Itano Tomomi (Team A), Masuyama Kayano (Team A - Graduated), Oku Manami (Team K). "They were formed for a kids' TV show called Karada de Asobo. Their first and only single, Hone Hone Waltz, achieved an Oricon rating of #104."



The first time I saw the outfits, even before I heard one line of the song, I was thinking a huge WTF? I only listened to like 30 seconds of it that day and was like; meh. But I am trying to cover the no longer active subgroups of AKB48 before I get too much into the current ones (even though I already did a song by No Sleeves) And since this group only had this one single, I figured I'd get it out of the way.

BUT, it kind of grows on you a little. I went to listen to it for this entry, and I was like; awww. The girls sound cute, and I actually really like the chorus. Those 'Hone hone's are freaking adorable. It is a very short song, but I like the cuteness of it. And also, while looking up the members, I came across Oku Manami.

ohemgee, she is so kawaii~ She is the youngest member of AKB and has only been in one single; BINGO! Aitakatta! tells us that "She’s not very well liked by some fans because she doesn’t smile much" but I agree with the rest of Cat (the girl behind the blog) says, "screw them, I think she’s adorable anyway."

I'll have to keep an eye out for her in BINGO! But just for kicks, here is a video that's she in, along with Ohori Megumi (who is the oldest member in AKB). I was getting annoyed with Dailymotion, so I just print-screened the video and linked it. So click away!!

Oshibe to meshibe to yoru no chouchou ~ Oh, how I wish I could find the lyrics and translation to this song. Cause something is going on!! This song gives off sexy vibes big time. And the whole innocent loli Maachan seems like she is getting talked into bad things by the oh-so-darkly-but-sexily-dressed Meetan-hime.

Meetan has a really good voice, I like the lovely mature sound of it a lot. Maachan is just super cute, voice and all. The two of them work perfectly for this duet!! I also love the echo parts of the chorus; where on will sing a word/line and the other will repeat it. And the way they sound together is epic! Pretty blending.

That's it for today on A K B [E] ~

Aitakatta / Team A & K (10/2006)
ICE Aisareru to iu koto / ICE from AKB48
Oshibe to meshibe to yoru no chouchou / Ohori Megumi & Oku Manami
Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru / Teams A & K (01/2007)
Aozora no soba' Ni ite / AKB48
Choose Me! / Team Youth Jump (YJ)
Sakura no Hanabiratachi / Original Team A (02/2006)
Sakura no Shiori / AKB48
Majisuka Rock'n Roll / AKB48
Dear My Teacher / AKB48
Enkyorii Poster / Team Playboy (PB)
Tane / No Sleeves
Ashita wa Ashita no Kimi ga Umareru / Chocolove from AKB48
Tenshi no Shippo / Aichan, Yukirin & Nakayan
Virgin Love / AKB48
Skirt Hirari / Sukahira Seven (Team A back-up vocals)
Dakedo / AKB48
Hone Hone Waltz / Honegumi from AKB48

2 comments:

  1. The girl you like in Seifuku is Oshima Yuko of Team K. I love her too... she's so amazing!

    YAY FOR OSHIBE MESHIBE! If you like this version, then you're going to LOVE the original because Maachan compared to Tomomi~chan looks really stiff, awkward, and well, bored. Maachan was subbing for Tomomi probably when she was out. Here's a link to the original: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x78qmy_akb48-oshibe-meshibe-yoru-no-chouch_music

    Anyway, if you want lyrics to AKB songs, this is the place to be http://www.stage48.net/studio48/ But specifically for Oshibe Meshibe: http://www.stage48.net/studio48/oshibetomeshibetoyorunochouchou.html Here you go. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! If you ever wanted to talk AKB, you can ask Rae for my contact info. I can help you when you're learning AKB

    ReplyDelete